Having taught Language Arts for 20 years, I come from an environment that emphasizes literacy best practices. Whether you’re writing an essay or editing a short documentary, many of the challenges and strategies are similar across the storytelling genres. Considering all of the projects we’ll explore and build in PBL involve communication, it’s important that we understand that in order to design and build efficient products with the intent to share with others we need to always remember:
- Attention to detail sets you apart from everyone else.
- Taking pride in quality of work speaks volumes about you.
- Work through all stages of production process (pre thru post).
- Composition and editing are time intensive—and critical!
- “Mistakes” and experimentation are equally critical. It’s what we do next and how we learn from them that matters.
- There is no I in TEAM. We work as a team. We experience successes and setbacks as a team. We learn as a team. We grow as a team.